Valentine’s Day – Party of Four
Valentine’s Day – Family Style
It comes around the same day every year. And yet, I stress about planning the very best day with my lovely bride. And, then I remember our commitment to not getting caught up in the commercialism of the day. The two of us will celebrate with a romantic dinner out some other day soon. But this Valentine’s Day, we are continuing the tradition of being together as the ‘core four.’
I’ve updated this post with a few new things. Here are a few tips for pulling together the perfect family-style Valentine’s Day:
– Get the little ones involved – check out our oldest setting the perfect table for Valentine’s Day dinner.
– Handmade Valentine’s Day: Share Valentine’s Day messages with home made cards.
– Dinner: Get the kids involved. Our girls love to help in the kitchen. Awesome conversations come from being together in the kitchen and cooking dinner. Guaranteed the girls will want a simple buttered pasta and broccoli. Check out this year’s LivePretty Lava Cakes…
– Setting the table: This is when they really love it. Pull out the fancy stuff (you know the Live Pretty team believes in keeping the nice things in sight and easily accessible).
– Dressing up: How often do they get to dress up. Pull out the best. It’s amazing to see their faces light up when they realize they get to dress up. Mom and Dad should do it, too.
– Loving conversation: I guess it’s a girl-thing, but the girls love to hear about mom and daddy getting married. They love the romance. Once you get them started, they won’t stop. They love the prince and princess story of Mom and Dad. Pull out some dating photos. This goes a long way….
Enjoy your evening. Together. As a family. Happy Valentine’s Day.