Adult Sippy Cup
Water Bottle 101
Over the past two months I have consumed approximately 392 glasses of water. Tons of clear liquid that is fairly awful if ingested at room temperature (in my opinion). Add in the fact that plastic water bottles are, 1. Not generally great for the environment. 2. A pain in the tush when they sweat all over your stuff, and drinking tons of water is fairly tough for a mom on the go (or a mom on the constant marathon run that is my week).
Therefore, I have had to find ways to keep my water cold, convenient and, most importantly, off all the stuff I lug around on a daily basis.
Enter in my savior: the Thermos “Vacuum Insulated Hydration Bottle” … or as I like to call it my “adult sippy cup.”
I have two, one that is fairly old and beaten up …
One that is new, shiny and only has a little wear-and-tear …
These things are awesome for several reasons:
- They keep water cold for long periods of time.
- They don’t leak — I can put them in my computer bag, purse, etc. knock them around, drop them, and not a bead of water will come out.
- They don’t sweat. I guess that is because they are “vacuum insulated.” (Side Note to Thermos: Sometimes it’s best to keep the product engineers out of the product naming process, I think Leak-and-Sweat-Proof-Adult-Sippy-Cup would sell better … just a thought).
- While I imagine if I would have kept my product care instructions, I would have seen that “hand washing is best” for this type of cup, I throw mine in the dishwasher all the time and they hold up. I mean ALL THE TIME … after a year plus of hand washing baby bottles I embrace the dishwasher with all my heart these days.
- Eating right has to be simple for me, and just 4 fill-ups of this sucker each day gets me just beyond my required 8-cup water intake. Got to love simple counting ….
These cups have been part of the Montgomery/James/Stewart households for several years now. I received my first “hydration bottle” as a stocking gift from Oma a few years ago, but the other Montgomery women had them way before I discovered them.
So, if you ever have the chance to come over to one of our homes on any random day, you’ll see many of these sitting around, some loved and taken care of, and some a bit tattered with dents and showing the beating they take on a regular basis. But, by-God, we love our adult sippy cups.
Check them out here and then head out to your local super-everything-store and pick one up.
Disclosure: These lovely cups were purchased by me at Target, I think, at random points over the years. Nothing free received, just love them.